SPRAVATO™ Nasal Spray
Our New FDA-Approved Breakthrough Treatment for Major Depression Disorder (MDD)
What is SPRAVATO™?
SPRAVATO (Esketamine) by Johnson & Johnson is the first of its kind and the only available NMDA receptor antagonist approved for treatment Resistant Depression (TRD) in adults.
It is more commonly defined as a prescription medicine, used along with an antidepressant taken by mouth, for TRD in adults.
This FDA approved Ketamine Treatment is helping people who have struggled with depression without much relief from anti depressants, medications and other treatments. The spray is administered nasally under the observation of our Doctors to ensure maximum results in the comfortable settings of our treatment center.
This Ketamine Treatment is known to have almost Zero side effects unlike existing anti depression drugs in the market, as it works on the neurotransmitter glutamate that is responsible for processing information and communications within the conscious brain. Therefore, it counteracts the depression directly instead of treating its symptoms alone.
Why Choose SPRAVATO™?
At Pacific Ketamine institute, we have seen tremendous results among our patients who have opted for a SPRAVATO (esketamine) Treatment for their depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. You can look at the numbers below and decide for yourself:
- More than 85% Success Rate even among patients with TRD
- Patients go up by 2-4 points our our 10 point mood monitor scale after one dosage alone
- Zero Side effects as opposed to various other anti depression drugs and treatments available in the market
The SPRAVATO™ Treatment
- SPRAVATO™ is taken with a daily oral antidepressant
- How do I take it? You administer SPRAVATO™ nasal spray yourself under the supervision of our doctors
- Where do I take the treatment? The treatment is administered at our Spravato-certified treatment center in a comfortable setting in a dedicated Ketamine Treatment Room under the supervision of our on-site doctor.
- How often do I take it? SPRAVATO™ is taken twice a week for the first four weeks. After the first four weeks, SPRAVATO™ is taken once a week for a month. Often, the treatment is then taken once a week or two weeks as symptoms of depression lessen depending on how you respond to the treatment
- Is it safe? SPRAVATO™ nasal spray was evaluated for safety in both short- and long-term clinical trials of adults diagnosed with treatment-resistant depression.
- What happens during treatment? A healthcare professional will monitor you for at least two hours. You won’t be able to drive or operate machinery that requires you to be completely alert until the next day, following a restful sleep. So you’ll need to plan for rides on treatment days. See the video below to find out more!
Do not take SPRAVATO™ if you:
- have blood vessel (aneurysmal vascular) disease (including in the brain, chest, abdominal aorta, arms and legs)
- have an abnormal connection between your veins and arteries (arteriovenous malformation)
- have a history of bleeding in the brain
- are allergic to esketamine, ketamine, or any of the other ingredients in SPRAVATO™.
If you are not sure if you have any of the above conditions, talk to your healthcare provider before taking SPRAVATO™.
Is SPRAVATO™ covered by insurance?
Depending on the insurance plan you have, treatments for Spravato may be covered by your insurance plan. If the entire cost isn’t covered by your insurance, you may receive partial benefit from your insurance plan reimbursing you for the treatment. You will pay us for the full amount, and we will provide you with a Super Bill that you can present to your insurance to see how much they will reimburse you for. If you have any questions, please call us at (424) 332-5550 and we will be glad to discuss it further with you.